The Precaliber 16 Freewheel makes it easy and fun for kids to learn how to ride. This bike has one speed and two handbrakes, so your child can gain confidence using brake levers. It also has a handle integrated into the saddle so you can guide while they ride and tool-free training wheels that are super easy to install and remove. It's a great fit for kids aged 4-5, between 39?46? (99?117 cm) tall.
You're excited to teach your little one how to ride, and want to make it a great memory. You're looking for a bike that's fun and simple to use, yet helps your child practise the skills they'll need for big kid bikes ? like using hand brakes. You don't want to settle for a big box brand because you know the value of a high-quality bike that will keep your kid confident and in control.
This kid-friendly bike has a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame, one speed and two hand brakes with kid-sized levers that are easy to pull. Plus, tool-less training wheels that can be installed and removed at the turn of a dial and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for an integrated rear light mount.
When it comes to your child's first bike, you want to make sure they're riding something that's comfortable, durable and fun. Each of our bikes, all the way down to the smallest size, is built to our highest standards, so you can feel confident when you choose Trek for your family.
- One speed is all you need ? a simple set-up gives kids confidence and helps them stay in control
- You can replace the saddle's integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions
- This bike is hand-me-down heaven: it's built to last, so younger siblings can inherit this bike and it'll still feel like new
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it's easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off
- Investing in a kids' bike from an established bike brand is worth it ? Trek kids' bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes
Hidden handle under the saddle helps you guide your child while they learn to ride.
Toolless training wheels
When your little one is ready to ditch the training wheels, the only tools you'll need are your hands.
|Frame||Size 16"" wheel, UNI, Aluminium, Alloy kid's frame, 16"" size, cantilever brake mounts|
|Wheel Size||Front 16|
|Wheel Size||Rear 16|
|Fork||Kid's steel fork, cantilever brake mounts|
|Gears||HUB, UNBRANDED, Unbranded, 1 Gears|
|Front Brake||VH, UNBRANDED, Alloy linear-pull // linear pull brakes Kids', alloy, Unbranded, Rim brake (calliper) with hydraulic actuation|
|Rear Brake||VH, UNBRANDED, Alloy linear-pull // linear pull brakes Kids', alloy, Unbranded, Rim brake (calliper) with hydraulic actuation|
|Bartape / Grips||UNBRANDED|
Please note: Manufacturers can sometimes change the specification of the products from time to time.